Message from the Principal
Hello Belleview families –
After four weeks of not seeing and hearing your children I can speak for all of the Belleview staff when I say we truly miss your children. We miss the noise in cafeteria, we miss watching boys and girls skipping down the hallway going to their Specials class and I personally miss saying good morning to your children as they enter the school to start their morning.
Remote teaching presents challenges that we will continue to rise to meet. Teachers are working hard to provide meaningful lessons while balancing their own lives; including caring for their own families. Please find the balance of remote learning and what works for you and your family.
During these uncertain times I appreciate quotes like the one below from Emily W King, PhD:
“Parents: What we are being asked to do is not humanly possible. There is a reason we are either a working parent, a stay-at-home parent or a part-time working parent. Working, parenting and teaching are three different jobs that cannot be done at the same time. It’s not hard because you are doing it wrong. It’s hard because it’s too much. Do the best you can. When you have to pick, because at some point you will, choose connection. Pick playing a game over arguing about an academic assignment. Pick teaching your child to do laundry rather than feeling frustrated that they aren’t helping. Pick laughing, and snuggling, and reminding them that they are safe. If you are stressed, lower your expectations where you can and virtually reach out for social connection. We are in this together to stay well. That means mentally well, too.”
Here are a couple things to be aware of –
- The online auction has been cancelled this Spring. Parents Council has asked that all PTCO activities throughout the district be cancelled for the rest of the school year.
- Attached to this email is a letter explaining the process on how class lists are created for the next school year and how we take parent requests. Requests are due by May 1st.
- If any family has fallen on financial hardships, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your email will be confidential, and we have some resources that can help.
- I’ve received emails regarding when can student materials be picked up from school. I don’t have a definitive answer yet. The district is shooting for the middle or the end of May.
Stay healthy and safe –
Basketball Summer Camps
A message from the library
Hey Belleview book lovers, the library still has books available online through our subscription to Overdrive! You can check out up to eight books at a time. Even if there are fines or overdue books on your student’s account, they should still be able to check out on Overdrive.
To use Overdrive:
* log in to the student’s account at my.cherrycreekschools.org
* select the myLibrary tab at the bottom
* click on the Overdrive icon
* log in with the student’s computer username (active directory) and student ID number
* find, borrow, and enjoy your book!
If you don’t find what you’re looking for there, try Arapahoe Libraries (arapahoelibraries.org) and Denver Public Library(denverlibrary.org/). If you don’t have a library card, no problem. You can get a free ecard through their websites that will give you access to their online resources, including ebooks and audiobooks on Overdrive, Hoopla, and RBDigital. You don’t have to live in Denver to get a DPL ecard.
Questions about accessing Belleview Library’s online content? email Bill Hardman
KING SOOPERS REWARDS
One way you can be contributing to Belleview while stocking up on supplies is to link your King Soopers loyalty card to our school, and every time you use it, it benefits Belleview Elementary School. If you have any questions, please contact Priscilla Hawkinson.
Box Tops Clips On Packages
Scan Box Tops Clips
ORDER YOUR 2019/2020 YEARBOOK TODAY!
Belleview Families, we need your pictures! Please send any pictures you take at Belleview throughout the school year!
Special events, classroom parties, lunch with your kiddo at school or field trips – we would love them for our yearbook!
Please email all your pictures to the Belleview Yearbook account: BelleviewYearbook2019@gmail. com . Please include this information in the subject line: “YEARBOOK PICS – Grade – Teacher – Student Name(s)”
Thank you for helping our Yearbook be awesome! We know the kiddos love to see themselves and their friends in all those lovely pages at the end of each school year!