This week at Belleview:
Wednesday, February 14 – Valentine’s Day Parties and Jump rope for heart during specials
Monday & Tuesday, February 19-20 – No School
HELP WANTED: BELLEVIEW PTCO WEB SITE MANAGER
· Website management is something you can easily do from home during the hours that little ones are asleep, kids are at school or while watching your favorite TV show.
· Have you ever wanted to create your own blog or website? Or are you already familiar with maintaining website content?
· The PTCO uses a WordPress based web builder for its existing website and is looking for someone to maintain the website for the 2018-2019 school year. It’s a super easy drag & drop application anyone can learn.
· Your main duty will be to take the content created by other PTCO members and copy and paste it into the existing website. Then you get to be creative by adding colors, pictures and fun fonts!
· The bulk of the work happens in the beginning of the school year when the calendar needs to be populated and pages need to be updated for the year. After that, you update when you need to add an upcoming event to the website.
· Added bonus: Bas Hollander, who has done the website in previous years will still be here to help you and get you started.
Please contact pixiehawkinson@gmail.
5th Grade Boys Intramurals
5th grade boys intramurals is canceled Monday, February 12
5th grade boys are invited to come on Tuesday, February 13 from 2:45-3:30. Please arrange to be picked up at 3:30. If you cannot attend, Mrs. Smith will see you on Monday, February 26!
Girls on the Run Spring Season registration open
Girls on the Run Spring Season will start the week of March 5th. Girls on the Run inspires girls to a lifetime of self-respect and a healthy lifestyle through an innovative program that combines training for a 3.1 mile run/walk race with a fun, health education lesson plan. We will meet Monday’s and Wednesday’s
Registration is open!! For more information about the program go to www.girlsontherunrockies.
Belleview needs coaches! Would you like to coach? Any parent, teacher, community member can be a coach! No need to be a runner, just an enthusiastic leader! We need 3-4 coach volunteers to support our Belleview girls! We have no coach volunteers yet … without coaches, we cannot have a spring team. Coaches receive a 50% discount on team fee for their runner. Do you have questions? Ask Kathy Wilcox, kathleenwilcox4@gmail.
YEARBOOK PHOTO SUBMISSIONS WANTED!!
ATTENTION ALL PARENTS AND TEACHERS! Do you want to see your child/student/teacher in the 2017-18 Yearbook? Have you captured some cheerful or heartwarming moments on the playground, in the classrooms, lunchroom, hallways or at school sponsored events? If so, we’d love to see them! We’d love to include great shots from the 1st day of school, Muffins w/Mom, Donuts w/Dad, Buffalo Stampede, Stampede prize day, Red Ribbon Week, school Movie Nights, class parties, staff luncheons, Special Persons Day, Scholastic Book Fair, Spirit Day, etc. Please help us get as many photos as possible to create a fabulous yearbook everyone will want to have! You can easily upload your photos directly to the Treering website: https://www.treering.
Jump Rope for Heart Information
The American Heart Association visited with their Scare Squad last week to kick-off Jump Rope for Heart! Students enjoyed a 3D roller coaster ride (view it here) which reminds us of how easy it can be to take care of our hearts- ask your student “What is ONE way you can take care of your heart?” Students will be jumping during PE!! We have a goal to raise $12,000 this year. We hope you will join us as we work to help save lives and support the American Heart Association. Sign up online at www.heart.org/jump or download the APP search JUMP/HOOPS in the app store or click here from your phone to take you there (App Store for iPhone or Google Play for Android).
Earn Jax instantly with your first $5 donation!
Earn Charger AND Jax with your first online donation of at least $10!
Add Disco to your collection when you raise $40 online!
DONATION DUE DATE: Friday, February 23rd