The Scholastic Book Fair
November 19th: 7:30AM – 5PM
November 2oth: 7:30AM – 2PM
Belleview Elementary Gym
Our book fair this year coincides with Special Person’s Day in the cafeteria next to the gym.
There will also be an opportunity to purchase online from Wednesday, November 14 – Sunday, December 2, with all proceeds from online sales also benefitting Belleview’s library. The link will be available at the Belleview Book Fair page:
The Book fair is organized by the book fair committee. We are always excited to add new members to the committee, but just as important are volunteers who are willing to help during the book fair to point kids into the direction of a book they’re looking for or to restock shelves, set-up and take-down.
To help with the Book Fair, please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0C49A9AA2BABF58-20183.
SPECIAL PERSONS’ DAY(S) !!!
Monday, November 19th and Tuesday, November 20th
Family or special people in town for the holiday? Someone important who you’d like to invite to school? Here’s your opportunity to invite an adult friend or family member to join you for lunch and let them know how special they are! Go to RSVP Now to sign up!
Thanksgiving Food Collection Drive (November 1st – 12th)
Thank you to all the families who donated to the Every Dollar Counts Campaign.
The Campaign was a huge success and we cannot thank the Belleview community enough. We look forward to celebrating your commitment to excellence through thoughtful approval of teacher Fall funding requests and improving our school with building upgrades. We are excited to share with you how your dollars made an impact by being able to fund the following requests!!
2018 – 2019 Teacher/Staff Fall Funding Recap
- Able to purchase Literacy Programs and items to support Curriculum:
- Class sets of books: ex 5th Grade Mythology Unit, National Geographic books to engage kids in interesting, relevant Non-Fiction Texts
- Culturally responsive text collections.
- Phonics Program that bridges reading and spelling.
- Able to fund Software Programs:
- Writing software to assist with word predictive software, word banks, and images for ALL writers
- Fountas and Pinnel Benchmark Assessment System Software that allows for students to develop as readers and teachers to monitor and track reading progress.
- Able to enhance Technology:
- Purchase a collapsible Green Screen to be used by all grades to support STEAM and project based learning.
- Able to Support our ILC & Speech Programs
- Materials that help students develop more advanced critical thinking & language skills.
- Able to Support our Math Curriculum :
- Math Manipulatives to reinforce concepts
- Class set of Calculators
- Able to give funds to our Physical Education Program:
- Replace some of the over 25 year old Mats that are ripping & tearing
Zane’s Italian Bistro, Epic Escape Room & J.W. Kim Taekwondo
Belleview directories are now available! Check your child’s backpack for yours today!
Our first Belleview Staff Appreciation Lunch was a huge success. Thank you to all the families who donated to the meal. The staff & teachers appreciated a wonderful hot lunch.
Thank you to the organizers of the lunch Meghan Vickery, Vanya Hecht & Erin Flynn-Rovak!
King Soopers reloadable cards are now available!
If you have pre-purchased your card, please check your child’s backpack for your card and start reloading today! Remember that 5% of all the money you load on the card comes straight back to Belleview to support your student.
If you would like to purchase a card, the cost is $2.50 BUT they come pre-loaded with $2.50. (It’s basically free!) They are available for purchase at the Belleview main office.
Do you already have one? Maybe you have a friend who could use one. Here’s how it works: Before you make your purchase at King Soopers, ask the cashier to load the card with whatever amount you wish. Then, just use the card to make your purchase. Belleview PTCO gets 5% of the amount you put on the card. In case you’re wondering, currently that comes to an average of $500 per month for Belleview PTCO. It’s easy money, and easy to increase! Questions? Please contact Kathrina Ross at email@example.com
Read how Belleview is ranked 3rd by Niche in a ranking of Metro Denver’s top 25 public elementary schools!
Watch D.O.G.S. is back & we want YOU!
WHAT IS IT?
An innovative program that’s being used by schools across America to provide an opportunity for fathers (and mothers) to make a positive difference in their students’ lives at school.
WHAT DO I DO?
It’s a day (or half day) at school- you are announced as the Watch DOG of the day and then you’re into everything at Belleview from playing with kids at recess, having lunch, helping in the classroom, assisting with art, PE, and library time to being on guard when busses arrive and depart.
To find out more information, click on the Watch D.O.G.S. link to the right.
To get involved, click here:
-Your Belleview PTCO-